Make Light - Erleuchtung




Dear friends,


I've been taking part in the social media spring clean, a free course by Emily Quinton of Makelight. If you frequent Instagram regularly you'll have noticed those Year of Colour pictures popping up at the end of 2017. I had one made too and not recognizing myself in that colour palette I visited Emily's site - and that's been one of the best impulses I had these last weeks.


  
The spring clean course didn't just alter my perspective on social media, which I found very demanding as well as overwhelming at times, it also gave me a little nudge on how to manage things as well as a boost on getting on.


That's why my blog looks a tiny bit different today, that's why most of my horrible self-portraits have been replaced by my logo and that's why I've put (a) some of my stitch markers onto my Etsy shop as well as (b) reactivated some of the items that haven't been sold so far. What use is there in tearing my shop to bits and virtually leaving it empty just because I want to think things through, just because I'm setting new goals?


  
So, I've got a weekend bustling with creativity ahead: I've got some scheduling to do and some batching as well (thank you Emily! The spring clean has been very helpful!) and loooots of crochet. I've started blocking the „grapes“ of the commissioned shawl (second batch is due today – so maybe I'll start joining tomorrow – if I feel like) and I've tackled a new project with cheerful and bright spring colours, which make me feel happy and full of energy.


  
And, what are you up to?

I'll keep in touch!






Liebe Freunde,


diese Woche habe ich am Onlinekurs „social media spring clean“ (Frühjahrsputz) von Emily Quinton von Makelight teilgenommen. Wer sich regelmäßig auf Instagram aufhält hat zum Jahreswechsel bestimmt die Bilder zu Year of Colour auftauchen sehen. Ich hatte mir auch eines machen lassen und konnte mich so gar nicht in der Farbpalette zurückfinden. Daher habe ich Emilys Seite besucht - der beste Impuls, den ich in den letzten Wochen hatte.


 
Dieser Frühjahrsputz hat nicht nur meine Sichtweise auf den sozialen Medien zurechtgerückt (denn oft fühlte ich mich überfordert und überwältigt) es gab mir auch einen dringend notwendigen Stups in Richtung der Handhabung meiner Internetpräsenz und einen richtigen Schub, die Dinge anzugehen.


  
Deshalb sieht mein Blog etwas anders aus, als zuvor, deshalb sind die meisten fürchterlichen Selbstportraits durch mein Logo ersetzt worden und auch deshalb sind (1) endlich einige der Maschenmarkierer in meinen Etsy-Shop zu finden und (2) einige andere Artikel reaktiviert. Welchen Nutzen ziehe ich daraus, meinen Shop zu zerrupfen und leer laufen zu lassen, nur weil ich neue Wege gehen möchte, meine Ziele neu stecke? Keinen.



  
Also, das Wochenende wird überquellen vor Kreativität: Ich werde planen und einige Aufgaben zusammenlegen und erledigen (Danke, liebe Emily! Dieser Kurs war wirklich sehr hilfreich!) und gaaaanz viel häkeln.


  
Ich habe angefangen die „Trauben“ vom Auftragsschal zu spannen (die zweite Hälfte kommt heute dran – dann kann ich, wenn ich mag, ggf. morgen schon anfangen sie zusammen zu häkeln) und ich habe ein neues Projekt in Angriff genommen, mit fröhlichen und leuchtenden Frühlingsfarben, die mich glücklich machen und meinen Elan ankurbeln.

Und, was habt ihr so vor?

Ich halte euch auf dem Laufenden...

 

Kommentare

  1. Liebe Marjan ❤️
    Richtig schön sieht es bei dir nun aus! Nur schade das dein Bild verschwunden ist! Ich persönlich sehe mir die Person hinter dem Blog immer gerne an! Finde das einfach persönlicher!
    So ein Blogputz ist eine gute Sache! Bei mir fand er im Januar stat :-)
    Deine Maschenmarkierer sind zauberhaft!
    Und ich bin schon gespannt was du mit der Häkelnadel wieder schönes zauberst?
    Herzensgrüassli und ein liebes Drückerli
    Yvonne

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Na ja, nach zwei Jahre gleiches Design, konnte mal was anderes her, nicht? Und was das Bild angeht - na ja, hat seine Vor- und Nachteile. So sieht alles erst mal einheitlich aus. Der Rest wird sich mit der Zeit ergeben...
      Ich wünsche dir eine wunderschöne Woche,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  2. I have visited Emily's blog but haven't read the referenced post. My house would be spring (or any other season) cleaned when we actually buy a studio outside of the house. Having it inside means a lot of things "escape" and are all over the place especially when I am in a tutorial making mode :)
    I don't think your self-portraits are horrible and you shouldn't either. It just makes you and your blogging very original. Keep up the fantastic work you do!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Do not mention a spring clean of our house - my parents are coming to stay next weekend, so there'll be little crochet but a lot of cleaning this week. I'm glad I participated in the social media spring clean, cause it showed me a way of handling things with feeling it to be another must-be-task. I rather enjoy it again now, and I'm full of energy regarding pictures, etc...
      Have a lovely week,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  3. I like the background of your blog! It gives it a fresh look!
    And I'm visiting Emily's blog rightaway because you make me curious :-)
    Enjoy your weekend, it sounds like so much fun!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. This social media spring clean came at the right moment. Not only do I now know some "tricks" to keep me organized as well as "on top of things", I also gained some ideas regarding my etsy-shop, etc. So, I've got many things to do in the near future and maybe evetually, things might work out the way I hope they will...
      Have a lovely week,
      Marjan

      Löschen
  4. Realmente bonitos e inspiradores!
    Besos.

    AntwortenLöschen

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Beliebte Posts